Organizing A Bedroom
You will find many reasons that organizing a bedroom is important. My
reason is simply it is the first place you see in the morning and the last place you see before you fall asleep at night.
You work hard every day...wouldn't it be nice to come home to a relaxing, tranquil place of rest?
Well, that will not happen if you have to step over clothes or walk around ill placed furniture everyday.
It is not difficult to do if you take the time to follow the steps below. They are simple ways that organizing a bedroom can help your day to day tasks much more relaxing and enjoyable.
Steps to Organizing a Bedroom
- Multipurpose Room - The ideal bedroom should not be used for anything other than relaxing and sleeping. However, I am realistic to the fact that bedrooms are used for a large amount of other activities such as listening to music, watching T.V., exercising, doing office work, or spending time with children just to name a few. Some of these are conducted in the bedroom out of choice, others out of necessity. Many houses just don't have the room for activities like these anywhere else.
So, the first step is to decide what activities will be done in that room. Write down these activities and plan out the room. For example,if you need a place to do your bills or correspondace make sure you find room for a desk or writing table.
- Plan the Space - After you decide what activities will take place there plan out the room. Make a sketch of the room and plan how the furniture will be laid out. Make as many changes on paper as possible first then start moving pieces around in the room to follow the sketch.
- Sort - Here comes the difficult part. It is time to sort your items. When organizing a bedroom it is important to group like items together. Then when you have piles of similar items decide what items you want to keep. Donate, sell, throw away or store any itmes you don't want or need anymore. Remove any items that don't belong in the bedroom and can be stored somewhere else.
- Everything In It's Place - After you sort, decide where you will place your items. For tips on bedroom storage
Simple Bedroom Organizing Ideas
- When organizing your clothes, divide them into piles of like items. For example, place all scarves together, all shirts together etc. Place as many items in your closet as possible and practical. Once you have finished divide the other items that did not fit in to drawers and storage areas. For more help on organizing your closet
- Make your bed every day. I know it is easier said than done especially if you are running late. That is why it needs to become part of you morning routine. Remember, being organized does in fact take some effort. Once you start, it will become second nature and you will feel better when your come home to a neat looking space.
- Get rid of decorative items. When organizing a bedroom keep accessories to a minimum. All of those extra throw pillows look great in magazines but if you aren't willing to place them on the bed everyday they will only end up on the floor. Decide how many are enough.
- Stop dropping your clothes on the floor, the chair, or yes, even exercise equipement. Start using a hamper or a routine that keeps your dirty clothes contained. This makes laundry day easier as well because you don't have to take the time to decide what is clean or dirty.
During your daily life you can accumulate clutter that you shouldn't let enter your bedroom under any circumstances. Follow some simple strategies when organizing a bedroom and you will be amazed what a nice feeling it is to come home to an organized, restful, and relaxing space.
|Do you need more organizing ideas? Then try our monthly Home Organizing Ideas Newsletter. It is filled with original ideas and expert advice to help you reach your organizing goals. Receive my special free booklet on how you can start organizing your desk, garage, papers, closet and more! It's FREE so SIGN UP NOW by clicking on the link on the top right of this page!
Top of Page
From Organizing A Bedroom Back To Home Page